Sunday, June 28, 2009

Updates

Hi guys, it was my birthday week last week! Which basically went like a food fest, really:

Sun (21st Jun) - Hong Kong Cafe
Mon (22nd Jun) - Mum's Fresh Steamed Grouper, Drunken Prawns, Braised Duck + Veggies!
Tues (23rd Jun) - 店小二 + Ben & Jerry's
Wed (24th Jun) - The French Stall
Thur (25th Jun) - Tomomomamoma (aiya, I forgot how to pronounce.. 总之 its Jap food 就是了), Geylang Beef Horfun + 永和豆浆 for dupper.
Fri (26th Jun) - Black Pepper Crab from Eng Seng Restaurant + Dad's Durians
Sat (27th Jun) - Ma Maison Chilli Codfish Spaghetti. Squid Ink Spaghetti was sold out.. :( Then Mr Bean.
*burp!*

'Nuff said, here are the photos!

Love the picture of the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Waffles... its so cheery & colourful!

The French Stall! Escargot is not so good as Ma Maison, but nevertheless, everything else rocked! Especially the French Onion Soup and Creme Caramel... woot!



The gifts & cards. Super touched by all the love, gifts, time and words of encouragement from everyone, even though I had wanted a low key celebration this year. Thanks everyone!

When I went to work on the 26th June, I was shocked to hear that MJ died from cardiac arrest on the 25th. Though I'm not a big fan, his contribution to the music scene is definitely undeniable.. no matter what background / person he really is, behind the surgically altered facade. I was sad that of all days, he had to die on my birthday. So i put this quote on my facebook status which I really liked:


"30 years ago when I was born, he released his first solo album. 30 years later today, he has passed on. This is still so surreal to me and I can't believe you're gone. RIP, MJ. It really don't matter if you're black or white."

*makes a birthday wish*: "I hope to see MJ in heaven."

No comments: