Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Gong-Xi, Gong-Xi, Gong-Xi Ni = Knock you, knock you, knock you dead.


For 30 years of my life, I come home to a nicely prepared feast on the eve of CNY after school / work.  The table would be full of my favourite food:  Mum's ngor-hiang, pi-pa duck, abalone, curry chicken, stewed pork... you name it, we got it.  How else would we survive day 1 CNY when all the shops are closed?  

This year, I (generously) offered to be on duty for work for half a day this saturday (which is CNY eve, FYI), because the other 2 colleagues whom I rotate with, are married women with kids.. so understandably, they must be real busy preparing for the reunion dinner from morning.  I'd just be bringing home-made roast chicken to my in-law's place to join them for reunion dinner.  Couldn't be easier, right?

WRONG.

It so happened that brother-in-law is going overseas and that leaves just the four of us.  

So...... we've decided to have steamboat over at my house for this Chinese New Year's reunion dinner!



This picture doesn't help.  At all.  Except that I can get a clue of what actually goes into steamboat.

Wish me all the best.

*gulp*

2 comments:

Jieyin said...

my steamboat will only have cabbage, tofu, mushrooms, some beef and even more cabbage. LOL. helpful?

mymien said...

go away lah...