Hmmm, I'm in retro mode this morning. This song kept playing and replaying in my heart and mind. Its a super old Chinese church song, possibly too 'old' and too 'melancholic' to be sung now, but wow, the words of the song are so powerful, it still impacts me today.
你爱永不变
你流出宝血 洗净我污秽
将我的生命赎回
为了我的罪 牺牲永不悔
显明你极大恩惠
我深深体会 你爱的宝贵
献上自己永追随
或伤心或气馁 或生离或死别
远刚强壮胆永远不后退
哦 你爱永不变 从今直到永远
将我的生命赎回
为了我的罪 牺牲永不悔
显明你极大恩惠
我深深体会 你爱的宝贵
献上自己永追随
或伤心或气馁 或生离或死别
远刚强壮胆永远不后退
哦 你爱永不变 从今直到永远
深深浇灌我心田
或天旋或地转 经沧海历桑田
都不能叫我与你爱隔绝
"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
~ Rom8:38-39
By the time I die, I may not even end up as perfect as I would like to be for God.
But yet, knowing all of these, He chose to love me.
Even before I knew him.
With all my imperfection, idiosyncrasies and awkwardness.
From the time before I was born, He saw into the future: the times which I may fall, be disappointed, cry, get upset, be discouraged and even want to give up.
And quietly, whispered the words to the person who would pen it down.
So that one day, I would open and read.
His love letter for me.
A love letter from Someone whom I have not yet met face to face.
Written for times like these.
Bringing calm in the midst of a storm.
Peace in the midst of turmoil.
Signs of life in the face of death.
Absolutely nothing can ever separate us from the love of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment