Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Much Ado Over Yoghurt

The one thing that got everyone talking over the weekend:  
How s*** was turned into yoghurt. (Hey, I'm a family-adult-friendly blogger, and I'm sure you know how to read the three-star constellation above)

The I checked, the only F&B item that got our attention over a weekend was when water turned to wine.  2000+ years ago.

Miracles. They impact generations of people. In this case, I saw that impact almost immediately after our last service.  My friend's Facebook status said that her son told her he needed the toilet because "his yoghurt was coming out".

*guffaws*

I'm surprised that the tweeter world was silent.  Come on, someone must be itching to do something like: "My Boss is so full of #yoghurt"
"That makeup makes her face look like #yoghurt"
"My boyfriend's cooking tastes like #yoghurt"

Over a Sunday lunch, my hubby, myself and a few friends were talking about it.

Burning question of the day:  Why replace s*** with yoghurt?  
We came to the conclusion that it's probably because yoghurt is the benign version of the originally intended substance, with a VERY similar consistency (especially the frozen version), albeit the obvious difference in smell and colour.

And so, before we knew it, our lazy Sunday afternoon conversation turned to a discussion of other possible alternatives in replacement of the S-word.  I mean, we were so fired up, it became the highlight of the day (sorry, pastor!).  We were enthusiastically throwing out suggestions like the rojak uncle expertly slicing a myriad of ingredients into his black sticky gravy-stained mixing bowl.  Here were some possible food items we came up with:

1. Mudpie 
('You're in deep mudpie!!'  .. Hmm.. cutting it a bit close to reality)

2. Tofu  
 ('You're in deep tofu!!' .. Straying too far from the deep meaning of the original phrase because it's too Zen)

3. Chocolate sauce  
('You're in deep chocolate sauce!'  .. Makes you sound like Willy Wonka)

4.  Muesli 
('You're in deep muesli!!' ... Sounds constipated)

5. Slurpee
('You're in deep Slurpee!' ... Makes one feel that a charcoal pill prescription is called for)

At the end of the day, we came to the conclusion that perhaps yoghurt was the really the best food item of choice after all.  I, for one, certainly wouldn't mind the effect of getting into deep s*** being nullified by the thought of being in deep yoghurt....


No comments: