I was just talking to someone last night about the importance of one's heart condition to God. And this morning, still having the contents of our conversation swimming around in my mind, I'm reminded of this song I used to sing as a young Christian. The words still ring true and stay relavant to every Christian, from the youngest to the oldest.
Because no matter how mature we are and how far we have walked,
From time to time, we all do say, or think, or have attitudes that grieve the Holy Spirit.
And sometimes, in our carelessness in guarding our hearts, we do make worship and ministry something that it was not meant to be.
When all God is asking is for us to be real to Him,
Whether there is nobody around or somebody standing beside, behind or in front of you.
Whether or not there is anyone watching what you're doing.
To be fake is only futile, because the contents of your heart will be laid open one day, like it or not.
I love this song because sometimes, the simplest truths can be the most powerful.
It still blesses me today and constantly reminds me to cleanse my heart before God as I come before Him.
I hope that this song will bless your heart too as you read and internalise the words in each line.
Heart of Worship - Matt Redman
When the music fades
All is stripped away
And I simply come
Longing just to bring
Something that's of worth
That will bless your heart
I'll bring you more than a song
For a song in itself is not what You have required
You search much deeper within
Through the way things appear
You're looking into my heart
I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And its all about you, Its all about you Jesus
I'm sorry Lord for the thing I've made it
When it's all about you, Its all about you Jesus
"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God" - Mt 5:8
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment