Wednesday, October 7, 2009

$35 Hair Conditioner (Me 1st Product Review!)

Went out shopping with MIL and Vic cos she needed to hunt for a dress.  BIL's wedding in Jan 2010.. so... yep. 

I really feel so suaku because its been eons since I actually had the luxury to walk along Orchard Road and do some shopping, even though I felt that the time was so short (after work, after dinner, how much more time do we have left until the shopping centres close?).  For the record, I still didn't get the chance to step into Ion or Central. So officially, I'm still a suaku. -__-"

Well, we didn't manage to find a nice dress, but we did some great shopping and bought other stuff.  And... guess what I've found at John Little?



Product Name:  Imselene Olive Hair Pack
Oh, I've been eyeing this for more than a year.  Very curious to try it, because the tester for the hand cream was very very good.  Almost Ahava standard.  As mentioned in the title, it cost $35.  I brought myself to part with the money because it was a huge bottle and my hair really 'drinks', if you know what i mean.  Its quite cui after all the abuse I've rendered it, so I guess I need to make up for it, you know? (excuses!)  :P

Review time!  Unlike the other hair treatments I bought, this one feels considerably less 'slimy'.  In fact, I got worried and slathered on an extra pump of conditioner, just to make sure my hair had the moisture it needed.  Rinsed after leaving it in for about 10 mins. I was surprised to find my hair softer than when I had used those salon hair treatments that came in individual small tubes for one-time use.  (I was referring to the Pantene Hair treatment - 3 small tubes in a box for $10 thereabouts)  It was that good. 

Upon examination of the label, I realised that the active ingredients didn't just consist of Olive Oil... it contained Amino Acids too.. (trivia: amino acids in hair conditioners are apparently very very good for hair because they actually build protein into the hair itself while normal conditioners just coat your hair with a layer of to make it feel smoother to the touch).

My usual routine after washing hair, is to put on a bit of leave-in hair conditioner (yes, I'm very kiasu).  Usually, my hair would still be rather dry after all these steps, especially at the parts which have been damaged by perming / colouring.  But to my surprise, I felt as if my hair was over-conditioned when it was dry! 

Well, if your hair is cui and guzzles conditioner like mine, I'd recommend this to you.  Its really good for the price you pay and it will last you a long long time.

(guys, sorry if this blog bores you but well, thought its good info to share wif the gals.
hmmm... maybe i should start blogging about products i've tried that are worth a mention..)

No comments: