Saturday, October 31, 2009

Its Mental Health Awareness Day!!!

Yep!  Its the 1st Mental Health Awareness Day in our hospital.. and many activities were planned for all staff (including free lunch.. MUAHAHAHA!).  Seeing that the booths were set up in the staff lounge where I would usually take my afternoon nap, I decided to take part in some of the activities, which is so not me cos I'm not the siow-onz type of person (Thankfully, neither am I the Boomz type of person, but that's an old story).  Here's some of the activities:
  1. Happiness check - A sort of personality test to guage ur happiness level.
  2. Family Support Quiz - Basically checking if you've got a good functional family.
  3. Gift Box Making - Unfortunately I checked in there too late.. Would love to have learnt.
  4. Stress Ball Making - By far, the most fun activity.  They use balloons and lots of flour.
  5. Relaxation Class - Didn't go for that one.  Probably some Yoga-ish / Pilate-ish thingy I guess.
  6. Foot Reflex / Shoulder Massage by visually impaired - We have to pay one lah.. bt only $12.
  7. The Great Wii Challenge - No, you didn't hear it wrong.  But they didn't play Rabbids.
... And the list goes on...


In order to encourage all staff to participate, they gave away a goodie bag for every 3 activities you took part in.  If you had 5, you're entitled to a lucky draw.  Well, I had 4 by the time lunch is up, so I got a goodie bag.


Ahhh.. Surprises just never lose their magic, no matter how old you are (or how cheapo you know the gift is going to be).  Like the old saying goes, its the thought that matters (that's why i'm think very hard).  Rummaging through my very own goodie bag, I found a box of tissue paper, many many many post-it pads in all shapes and sizes, a fan, a memo holder, and... a green star-shaped stressball!  My first instinct was to run back and ask if they've got it in pink.  You'll understand why later.


Still in the festive mood after lunch, and with that urgent need for mental escapism from the stress of preparing for audit, I decided to put my creative juices to good use.........



我是宇宙大超人!




RAWRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

disclaimer:  only correction fluid, black, red and blue markers were used in the creation of the superhero.  no stressballs were stressed.. i mean harmed in the making.

No comments: