Thursday, April 29, 2010

God, our Makeup Artist

I realize that I have this funny habit of staring at my models after I finish with makeup or hairdo on them.  For the longest time as long as they are nearby, and I don't get tired of doing that.

Perhaps the models would feel uneasy when I do that.  I also recall times when I really felt uneasy when a makeup artist has done makeup / hairdo on me and kept staring at me after that. Like nonstop.  Until I began to feel either very pretty or very ugly. LOL.

I just wanted to say to all my models, I do that because it was my creation and I was really proud of it.

Recently it just dawned on me:  God, after creating us, must have kept staring and staring at us (and He never got tired of it even until today).  Because we're His creation and He's really proud of us.

Here's another thing:  I love to keep adjusting the makeup / hairdo of the model after I'm done with her, just to make it even more perfect.  Sometimes, they have gone through a day and the eyes got a little smudged.  Other times it was that little thing in the hair that stuck out a bit.  There was always something to tweak and adjust as long as they are not up the stage yet.

In the same way, doesn't God also consistently seek to improve and change us?  Just like the saying goes: He loves us the way we are, but loves us too much to let us remain the same.

Its really awesome to see God in a different light, through your work.

It really inspires you to get better.

I love my job(s).

No comments: