Friday, June 18, 2010

Ouch!

I really didn't think it would happen to me, ever. 

But it just did. 

I sprained my ankle.

Gosh! I didn't even remember that it was that painful!

Today, I was fighting to hold back my tears.  Being a person that really seldom cries over such things, I was really surprised at myself.

Then I tried to recall the last time when I sprained my ankle.  

That was at the beginning of one of the services in Hollywood theatre, and I remember I was running late (yes, I was running and I was late) and wearing a pair of platform shoes when it happened.  Right at the back of the hall from which I entered.

I acted normal, took the seat which the usher brought me to, and it was all normal.

Until service ended.  I realized the platform strap broke and my ankle was swollen.

I was only a student back then, with typical Singaporean parents wondering why I am 'wasting' my time and energy going to church and not studying.  First thought that came to my mind back then: I better hide it from my parents or they'd blame it on church.

And so, that night, I valiantly walked across the living room to my room despite the pain.  And stayed there for the rest of the night, hoping things would get better the next morning.

Yeah, right.

The next morning, I raised my foot and the first thing i saw was not a foot.  It was a horse's hoof.  I told myself, 'Its ok, 大丈夫,能屈能伸. Go ask for help and swallow whatever they have to say.  明天还是一条好汉.'

Next scene was a far cry from my 'valiant' march across the living room.  If I were a dog, you'd probably see my tail tucked in, ears folded back and puppy-dog eyes.  'Mum, I sprained my ankle.'  I gingerly raised my hoof.  She gave The Look.  We made our way with Dad to a sinseh who is my Dad's fren.

The noun "Dad's Friend" means getting extra good service, and having someone give you a little extra that others don't have, and going the extra mile.  A mile that I certainly did not look forward to for the next hour (the other lucky patients only got 30mins).  In exchange for my painful 1 hour at the sinseh, I was rewarded with...

*drumroll*
1 month MC!

Taking it in proportion to heel height, it probably means:
2 weeks MC if you sprained your ankle while wearing kitten heels, 
1 week MC if you sprained it while wearing flip flops, or
3 days MC if you sprained it barefooted!

I wonder IF we sprained our ankle wearing the 6" heel GoJane heels today.... *bubbles in the air*

OK, time to stop imagining.

I'm going to observe my ankle for any swelling, but praying and claiming my healing man.

Because this time, I sprained my ankle wearing a sole height equivalent to a pair of platform shoes.

*gulp*

No comments: