You can call me 'Marlboro Tan' from now on.
Because, I'm really good at smoking people.
In case you don't already know, the previous blog was meant to trick the unsuspecting JY into thinking that this was a regular (spend a bomb to feel like royalty) outing. In case she happened to read my blog. Yep. Leave no grounds uncovered.
To make it seem more convincing, I even acted apprehensive on MSN, asking her questions like: How are the rest of the people (whom we've never met before) like? Are they friendly (like as if I didn't know they would be nice)? What if we've got nothing to say to one another?
And the excitement builds up as the day approaches. We made a couple of very late night trips to Mustafa because there was no time to get stuff during human hours. (you couldn't tell where the food was from right, JY?? LOL!) Secret code YMTA (You Marry Tris Ah?) was invented by none other than the Proposer as a form of pre-communication for this event (incidentally, he became quite a bunch of nerves as the day approached... awww, so sweet!) I'm sure all the members of our P(ropose lah!)-squad at different times, were constantly encouraging him by speaking positively throughout those nervewrecking few days leading to THE day.
Hmm, I think its really sweet for a guy to be nervous before proposal. That shows that he is serious about the girl and she really really matters to him. I was really soooo happy for the JY. Because I know he'd take really good care of her, and so 我这个 Dao Ming Si 的妈也很迫不及待等待这天的到来.
So we counted down, and prepared.
And prepared, and counted down some more.
And the actual day finally came.
And then...
BOO. 我们迟到了. By a whooping 40mins.
I wish I'd been more C to remember to factor in the usual Saturday crazy jam from Bugis to Vivo. The traffic was moving at excruciatingly slow pace all the way and we had to drop my mum at a place where she was performing that night.
Seriously, this is really something I'd feel bad about for the longest time. Terribly sorry, guys!
Thankfully, the rest of the people were very gracious to us. And so, in high spirits, all of us set off:
![]() |
| Perfect picture to describe in Chinese: '风和日丽' and '兴高采烈' |
The weather was perfect, and the sunset and views were breathtaking on that day. Its like God had custom-made this day for them (and as a bonus, blessed the bunch of us with drrrrippping good views too). Meeting friendly people from other yachts also brightened up the whole outing.
![]() |
| Check out the sunset! Used filter in my camera for this. |
![]() |
| Totally unsuspecting JY! |
![]() |
![]() |
| 2 happy gals! |
![]() |
| 看得出今天的风很大 |
We finally stopped at a place, and while everyone was busy taking photos... I spotted a bunch of balloons being whisked out of the lower deck when JY was like 45degrees facing the lower deck. At that moment, I think in my heart.. oh no, she probably caught that from the corner of her eyes. On hindsight, how could anyone not catch sight of them? They're the prettiest bunch I'd ever seen!
So all of us acting like nothing happened and continued with taking pictures with her
![]() |
| Posed until fingers |
Until the 3 of them came up from behind to ambush her:
And....
Down on his knees he went!
There was a section of his speech that almost moved me to tears (and FYI its hard to get me cry in front of people) when he said: Even though at times I will 无理取闹, you still bear with me. Because you believe in me, you make me believe in myself. (or something to that effect). Somehow the demonstration of her love reminded me of how God's gentleness makes us great.
![]() |
| 简直是太感动了啦!! |
Then he had to crack us all up by saying:
"Even when my jokes are not funny, you still laugh as though its very funny."
And of course, she said YES! I mean, 'Orh!' Maybe because in dialect church too long already...*runs away*
Even the captain was touched!
All the excitement and suspense instantly melted into relief, joy and a great atmosphere of celebration. Even boats facing us were cheering us on. Sorry, too happy. Didn't manage to get pictures of the nice people who congratulated JY. (On hindsight, it felt a little strange for us to say 'Thank You' instead of the couple.. 又不是我们 engaged... but 不 thank 好像很没礼貌)
We spent the rest of the evening fellowshipping and snacking away on the boat. Three of us shared our different stories of how we proposed.. I've shared this for the Nth time, so to me, it felt like I'm a grandma telling stories already. But still shy to share lah.. I don't know why. I guess for the other two couples present, they still feel a little shy to share about that precious moment in their hearts too.
Well, today we just had the priviledge to be part of yet another precious moment that will forever remain vivid in their hearts. Next time, it will be their turn to feel that little bit of shyness before they share the story of how he proposed.
Here's to the new phase in life, you two!
And oh, btw, the RING!
![]() |
| I can almost hear all the guys mumble: "Spoil market..." |
Congrats, you two!
























No comments:
Post a Comment