Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas is coming!

Yay!  And I've finished my Christmas shopping!!!

*applause*

Almost.  Just an item or two to grab (from the shops), and we're done!

This year, I've done most of my shopping online.  I really love online shopping.  Even if most of the items are not for myself.  Its that feeling of anticipating something good coming its way that gets you all excited and smiley.  And trust me, its really exciting when you get to pick and choose gifts individually and specifically for your friends, relatives and loved ones.  Even more exciting when there's a sale going on.  Besides, you can add an item or two into the shopping cart that you've been wanting to get anyway :D

Its not all easy though.  Some items were very hard to find.  And I ran through the gift-list many many times, trying to pick out something that the recipient would like (I hope).  And then copy paste the link of that item to the list, and when this list is complete, adding them into my shopping cart, until, slowly.. my checklist is complete.
I wish my checklist was THIS simple.
And after that, comes the painful moment where you raise your index finger and hit the left mouse button to confirm the payment.

*gulp*

And after all the excitement from the adrenaline-pumping moment is over, comes the hardest part yet.  One day after you made the payment, you're hit with post-purchase blues aka "loanshark" syndrome.

东西在哪里?快点拿出来!
Short of spray-painting / pig's head hanging (good alternative if you can't find any mistletoe this year), you track your shipment every other day online, even though you already knew the estimated date of arrival of your parcel when you first bought it.
...
...
...

Counting down: 12 more days.  Then let the wrapping (mess) begin..

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! :D

No comments: