Just musing about time...
I was recently thinking about the time when I was a kid at school in an excruciatingly boring lesson in a hot sticky classroom with the ceiling fan slowly whirling above me, hoping for lessons to end, dreaming of the time I'm grown up in the working world, earning my own money and not having to do projects, homework or go through exams. I just couldn't wait to grow up and start working.
Fast forward 20 years later, and now that I'm doing all that. I started working, experienced the joy of taking my very first salary, had no more homework and exams to worry about (basically I can throw my brain out of the window after 5.30pm), and didn't have teachers, prefects, tutors and parents breathing fire and raining brimstone at me, asking me the most asked question between ages 7 and 12: 功课做完了没有?
But now, I wish I had more time. I wish time went by a little slower, so that I have more time to spend with the people I love, doing the things I wish I had time to do with them. I wish we had a 48hour day and more public holidays in a year. Sometimes, I even wished time would stand still for a while or even reverse (fat hope of course, it only reversed once in the history of mankind)
And yes, at times I found myself starting to envy students who had projects, homework and exams to go. Because they had long school holidays (and more pocket money to enjoy their holidays).
Time.. it becomes something so precious.
Something that goes and never comes back.
Something that I'd rather pay more money for if I could save a little more of it.
Something that.. I'd probably be guilty of wasting from time to time despite my best efforts, until the next musing.

No comments:
Post a Comment