I used to really enjoy doing personality tests a great deal.. and since I was super bored at work that day, I decided to just do one (those type of personality tests where you answer a LOT of multiple choice questions and they churn out the results at the end). The result?
I'm an INFJ!! Whatever that is..
According to the analysis:
- I'm more introvert than extrovert, although easily mistaken as an extrovert. (true)
- There's only 1% of the population who are of my personality type (zhun bo?)... or do they say that just to make you feel special? Tsk.
- I'm very intuitive and most of the time right about how things work and the intentions of others. (I don't know how true, but I do rely on my instincts a lot. If this was true, then a lot of fake people would be afraid to talk to me. Heh.)
- I'm a perfectionist (true, true)
- Nurturer (not sure), patient (don't think so), devoted (ok la), protective (very true if you're someone close to my heart)
- Stubborn (废话! tell me how many % of the population isn't to a certain extent?)
I was surprised that for the career matches for this personality, I have either dabbled with to a small extent or have absolutely no interest in:
- Teaching - Tried but decided it's not good for me psychologically because I tend to get too affected after working hours by problem students' character development and academic progress. Read: Prone to Kek Sim-ness
- Counseling / Phychiatrist / Psychologist - I practiced a lot with my pet hamster.
- Childcare - Oh, I had a lot of fun teaching speech and drama to little kids between 3-4 years old! They were super cute
and easy to please using colourful stickers! And they are so genuine, there's no pretense in them! Too bad this job didn't provide good dough. And it's tough work that drains lots of energy out of you too. - Clergy / Religious Work - Ministry 算不算? LOL
- Musicians and Artists - Confirm enjoy.
- Photographer - iPhone wannabe photographer at this stage only.. but I do enjoy the process of creating beautiful pictures.
- Politics / Welfare Groups - Not interested. Because I'll either end up massacred, exiled, shortened livespan, or become a crazy woman with disheveled wiry grey hair waving my little indignant fists at everybody in particular. Also, I don't want to restrict my wardrobe to white, blue, red or orange colours only. So boring.
If you've not done a personality test for a long time, why not try it out? Sometimes knowing about yourself does help you to understand and work with yourself and your idiosyncrasies (like now I understand that sometimes I'm just a plain weirdo but learning to accept that it's just me). It did put quite a lot of things in perspective for me too.. so like now I'm trying to learn not to be such a perfectionist. TRYINGGG...
..Ok, I gotta go do a spell-check on this post now. OKThanksBye!
No comments:
Post a Comment