If you ever come to my office, I've got mirrors at my desk.. one from an old ZA compact, and one of those blind spot mirrors you stick to a car's side mirror. It came as a pair and so I shared it with a friend and we took one each for our offices.
These mirrors are mutifunctional. They are there to provide a reflection when I need to reapply lipstick or lip balm, they reflect whatever's and whoever's behind me, and they irritate the hell out of some of my superstitious colleagues. I love irritating the superstitious... because I don't believe in superstitions.
Last Sunday, Pst Steve preached a phenomenal message that stuck in my heart the entire weekend:
<>
He found a new use for mirrors I've never thought of. He told a wonderful story of Samson, God's Champion. He used the mirrors to show the crowd their own reflection and reminded everyone of one thing:
Never forget who you are in God.
I was wowed. When I went back to work on Monday, I picked up a permanent marker and scribbled these words on my blind spot mirror: Never Forget.
So that I look into my reflection in the mirror every morning and see the words.
And remember.
And tell myself:
Joyce, never forget who you are in God.
You're His child and He's got great plans for you.
You're the head and not the tail.
You're blessed in your coming in and going out.
Others will be blessed because of you.
He has given you the power to get wealth.
You will be successful.
Your dreams will come to pass.
And even though I'm probably not gonna like looking into that mirror at times when the going gets tough in the future, but yet the mirror with the words will remain firmly stuck to my computer monitor, just like how God's promises are firmly stuck in my life and I can never tear them away from me, be it a good day or a bad day.
(All God's promises - Yes and Amen)
No comments:
Post a Comment