Those who have added me on Facebook know that I keep an album known as 'The Crazy Chef'. It's a collection of photos of the food I've cooked. Actually, I started the album to consolidate photos of my home-cooked food, and, in view of my ultra short term memory, I thought it was good to document most of what I can, so that I will remember that I know how to cook all these things next time. Ya.. it's that bad.. I can forget that I know how to make certain dishes after a while. And I can forget a whole lot of other things too.. all within an hour:
Anyway, back to the album. So recently, I was unexpectedly touched when some of my friends came up to me and commented about how drool-worthy my food photos were. That took me back by surprise because I wasn't really expecting people to look at the album and honestly, I've got a lot of other very 厉害 foodie friends who post photos of food all over Facebook that looked better than mine. I mean, mine is just normal home-cooked food after all. So I think these friends who complemented me, have a lot of faith in me ley. I mean they didn't even get to taste the food and said it was drool-worthy just by looking at the photo. Skully nice to look not nice to eat how?
Ok, so yes, I do enjoy cooking. And if I had the time and energy, I'd cook everyday (at least dinner lah). Of course, I ain't one of those gourmet chefs who makes crispy pork knuckles, Peking duck, 盆菜, Buddha-jump-over-the-wall, Cow-jump-over-the-moon type of dishes. I'm just a simple rough country cook who likes to make her food taste good and free of MSG. To me, the real joy comes when I just sit down with a meal with the loved ones I've cooked for, and watching them enjoy the meal over great fellowship. That makes all the planning and preparing so worth it in the end.
It's just too bad I'm not at the 'canteen aunty' level in terms of capacity, if not I can cook for large groups of friends and invite them over to my place for gatherings. If I were that skilled, I think I can also part-time at void deck funerals and Malay weddings. Just buy one cauldron and 闯天下. Best part is, as I cook over the open flame, I can sing the most obit oldies song I know and nobody will laugh at me:
| "燃烧吧! 燃烧吧! 火鸟!!!" |
But reality has it, that despite my collection of 1 Happy Call pan, 3 nonstick pans, 2 steamers of different sizes, 1 鸳鸯 steamboat pot, 1 thermal cooker, 1 induction cooker, 3 saucepans and a tiny crockpot, my current cooking capacity is still only limited to cooking for a group size of about 6 people in one sitting.
![]() |
| sianz |
只好轮流请。希望有一天,真的可以请完所有的朋友 & Loved Ones to tell them how much we love them not with words, but with a lot of heart put into cooking the best I know how for them.



No comments:
Post a Comment