Whoa, 2011 ending! Can't wait for the year to end, cos it has been such a challenging year for me.
But yet, I did notice that though the devils to fight this year were bigger than last year's, so were the victories and breakthroughs.
I always look back with amazement when I compare how I was at the beginning of the year to what I've become by the end of the year. Almost always, (with the exception of certain black years in my life where I decided to 'Que Sara Sara' my entire year) I find that I've grown so much and gained so much. I find that I've been so blessed by people I sometimes didn't even think I deserved... so I'd just be wowed by how God could change a life so much in almost 365 days. And most of the time, I find that of all the goals I've set in the beginning, middle, and sometimes (guiltily).. towards the last quarter of the year, there's bound to be at least one that was accomplished, which fills my heart with gladness and gratefulness.
I have a confession to make. This year, I set my goals really late.. after the 1st half of the year. That day, I 心血来潮, and decided to write them down with a chalk pen on a mirror that I look into every morning as I weigh myself. Guess what? I looked at it last week and realized that one of them was already accomplished! So now, I've just gotta look harder at the rest and believe for it to happen (of course, work hard for it). Doesn't matter if not every goal is fulfilled.. the fact that something was accomplished is reason enough to be thankful and celebrate.
If you ask me whether next year will be good, you know as well as I do that nobody has the answer. I seriously don't know what kinds of challenges or giants will be coming my way in 2012. But one thing I'm looking forward to is getting to the milestones along the way that mark each victory and breakthrough, great or small, until I reach the end of 2012 and look back with heartfelt thanks for a God that walked with me through everything, even when I forgot He was there at times. Like what my rock-climbing instructor used to teach us, when we climb, we don't focus on the top. We focus on the next stone, and then the next stone, and before you know it, you're on the top.
What? Feel-good post mah, so must use a feel-good song!
Have a great Christmas and the best New Year ever, everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment